Those seeking to know how Montessori develops a love for nature, may have come to realize that there is no official album for this concept - it is interwoven throughout all the albums:
- respect for the child (easier to give respect when one receives it)
- reasonable expectations of responsibility with corresponding freedom
- care for materials
- care for people and for self
- early experiences with the world around the child - plants, animals, weather
- getting out into the world both in primary and in elementary
- cosmic education nature of the environment
- development of historical appreciation for gifts
- responsibility to pass these gifts on in a positive way
Essentially, because we *care*, they will care.
Please add your own ideas in the comments!
Because we *care*, they will care. Very well said! Love it!ReplyDelete