Peace Education does not have to be a separate curriculum from the rest of the Montessori experience.
When we do separate it out, we minimize the value of the work Montessori did in observing human nature and providing for specific needs at specific planes of development, fulfilling those needs in a way that causes a child to reach his greatest possible potential, which will feed those needs and tendencies towards generosity and community.
Montessori's Own Writings:
- Reconstruction in Education
- Peace in Education
- Education and Peace - Montessori Nugget quote here
- Lena Gitter: Montessori's Legacy to Children
- Edwin Mortimer Standing: Maria Montessori - Her Life and Work
- Montessori Nugget on Peace Education