When looking for spelling practice in the AMI albums, look for the following concepts:
- phonograms (booklets, cards)
- the word "dictation" in any follow-ups or extensions (think anything with a word list, including the phonogram cards and word study)
- (or turn any/all word lists into dictation games)
- function of words
- let the children come up with words on their own - dictate to each other
- note typically mis-spelled words in their writing - cover those needed rules through games or direct instruction
Not much, but powerful.