Main highlights for Biology studies at all ages:
- Biology is divided into two areas: botany (the study of plants) and zoology (the study of animals), otherwise known as the plant kingdom and the animal kingdom.
- Characteristics of living matter are as follows: movement, nutrition, reproduction, growth, response to the environment.
- In presenting the biology materials in the casa, we must remember the following points:
- The child must be allowed to explore and follow his natural tendencies.
- The child explores through his senses.
- The absorbent mind is able to take in the whole of the culture.
- Words are important and powerful.
- There must be a connection between the materials in the environment and the outside world.
- The human race has been entrusted with stewardship over all the earth. It is the responsibility of the adult to foster a natural respect for life as well as a love for all natural things. This fostering is not done arbitrarily or with a particular set of lessons - it is a way of life and a natural fact of the environment into which the child is placed:
Both the indoor and the outdoor environments
thoughtfully and purposefully
created and prepared
for the child.