Within AMI (American Montessori Internationale), the following is a description of the materials for the 5 core Great Lessons to establish Cosmic Education in the elementary Montessori environment.
God with No Hands
- 4 impressionistic charts
- materials for 6 demonstrations
- NOTE: There used to be a 5th chart (solar system) which has been pulled to use at another time (a follow-up telling of the story)
- NOTE: There used to be far more demonstrations (experiments is a misnomer in this case) which were pulled out to use as follow-ups, thus allowing the story to focus on the core keys, with plenty left for re-tellings and review - going deeper and encouraging a return to the Great Lesson.
Coming of Life
- 2 impressionistic charts
- Timeline of Life (a mute version of the Timeline of Life is a follow-up work)
Coming of Human Beings
- No materials
- The focus is on the human connection itself - particularly on love; the children can look at their own arms and legs to see that they do not have specialized protection as animals do.
- Note: The two timelines called "First Timeline of Human Beings" and "Second Timeline of Human Beings" are follow-up work in the history album. They are not part of this Third Great Lesson.
Communication in Signs
- 8 impressionistic charts showing the changes of writing styles through time and civilizations
- 8 impressionistic charts showing the changes of numbers through time and civilizations
For further Montessori Nuggets on the Great Lessons:
- General search for Great Lessons on Montessori Nuggets
- God With No Hands
- Coming of Life
- Coming of Human Beings
- Communication in Signs